August 1, 2017

August Happenings

August was another busy month full of activities!  I remodeled our kitchen counters and back splash, threw a big party for Vic's parents, planned a trip for our reunion, did Yellowstone with our friends from England, and all of the regular swimming fun of summer. It was busy!!
Here is Whitney making cookies with Grandma.  The kids make so many cookies with Grandma Van Sickle! 
 My Aunt Deanne treated us to Bear World for a day.  The kids had a blast.




 We went out to my dad's house on his birthday and rode horses. It had been a long time since I had got on one!












 I took the boys on a mommy date to the mall.  They love getting pretzels and playing at Barnes and Noble and the play area.  I let them get a massage in these chairs too. They had a good time!
 Our church held an old fashioned carnival with lots of food and dunking machines.  The kids had a blast going around to all of the stations for free!
 One of the highlights of the month was the total solar eclipse!  It was so amazing!  My mom had a viewing party with our family, Amber's family, Jason, & Pam's family.  It was like a holiday, but no pressure for a fancy meal, activities, or decorations which made it relaxed and SOO much fun!  I loved being with family and witnessing such an amazing sight.  We loved it so much that we want to travel to see the next one! 

 Our Viewing Party!
 My nice camera died right before so this cell phone picture is all I got!
 The shadows were all moon shaped the whole day.

 I grabbed this picture from NASA's website to show how beautiful it was!  It was even better than this, because this picture has a filter on it.

No comments: