October 2, 2013

August & September Update

The month of August we laid low & had lots of park visits & backyard excursions.
I took this picture to remember that this summer almost every visit to the park Tommy had to make a "castle" in the bark.


 Tommy took his first jump off the diving board & loved it!
 Funny how exciting our backyard can be with just a little kiddy pool back there!

 When we got back from vacation we realized summer was over & we still hadn't gone camping so we had a camp out in the backyard.  The kids loved it & went crazy with excitement. Vic thought one of the neighbors might call noise patrol on us!  We left it up for 3 weeks because the kids used it almost daily as a playhouse!
 Tucker started doing an army crawl.  I guess he's too big to hold himself up for a real crawl.... he is a chunk as you will see in my next post of his 7 month pictures!
No story on this one, I just like this picture!
 I turned 30.  I had a big "Fancy Nancy" party all planned out, but I wasn't feeling the love from my friends so I decided last minute to not do it or anything for that matter!  I worked & my coworkers threw me a little mini party on my lunch break so we re-lit the candles & had the half eaten cake below with the kids.  They didn't seem to notice that it was half gone.  Right after this picture Whitney leaped over & blew out my candles so I didn't have time to make a wish this year!
 I came back from our walk & found this cute surprise on my door.... 
....had this yummy treat dropped off....
....had a friend drop that card in the middle to me at work, Vic had those flowers delivered to my work, & came home to that gift bag on the right w/ balloons on my front step.  
HmMMMMmmm.... um, guess I should have had that party with my loving friends after all. Oops, maybe next year I'll pretend to be 29 like the rest of the world & have that big 30 bash then! :)

1 comment:

Vicky Van Sickle said...

I can hardly wait to go camping with your family next year! I'm glad they loved playing in the tent. I love seeing all your pictures!