June 19, 2014

Whitney's 3rd Birthday... Minnie Mouse Party!

Whitney turned 3!
 She was so excited the week prior so I let her open a few presents early as potty treats.
 I did a "Minnie Mouse Bow-tique" party.
Here is her party invite:
Our welcome on the front door:
 The party table (my favorite thing to decorate for parties)
 I had bows everywhere!
Here is my cuties anxiously awaiting the 1st party guest to arrive. 
 We had bow-tie pasta to go with the "bow" theme.
 After lunch I had all of the kids color a picture of Minnie Mouse.
 Then "bedazzle" a bow for pin the bow on Minnie Mouse.
(There's episodes on Minnie's Bow-tique show where they bedazzle all of the bows.)


 After that they got to bedazzle a bow for themselves as one of their party favors.
The boys had blue bow ties to decorate.
Here's another cute bow I made for all of the girls.
 For our last game we played bingo w/ jelly beans.  
The kids loved being able to sneak jelly beans while they played.
CAKE TIME!
 There was a lot of cute ideas out there for Minnie Mouse, but I wanted to keep it super simple this year.  I did chocolate & strawberry cupcakes & then the main cake was a layered angel food cake w/ one of my favorite recipes.  It was super yummy!  I altered the recipe a bit by putting cool whip as the frosting as the original recipe has only toasted almonds on the outside.  I'll probably do that again!


 I made decorated one of Whitney's chairs to be the birthday girl chair & she was pretty cute insisting she sit in it all day & every time she opened a present.
 After presents I gave all of the kids a Minnie or Mickey Mouse wand that I made & taught let them help me do some magic tricks.  They were pretty impressed & wanted to do it over & over!
 Birthday girl & all of her loot!

1 comment:

Ben and Becky said...

how fun! She's such a cute little birthday mouse!