March 21, 2016

Zion Trip Day 2: Emerald Pools Trail

Here we are on day 2! My mom had matching shirts made for everyone which we got A LOT of comments on.  Everyone loved them, especially because our group had so many really little kids hiking on their own!
 Amber took forever getting ready so we had the kids work on their junior ranger badges while we waited.
...and went to the museum for lunch

 ...and we're finally off!
 This hike started out an amazing adventure again, here we are hiking under a waterfall.
 Here is a fun crevice I imagined hiking through a lot more.

 We had a late start so we had a late lunch break.  Everyone was very hungry and tired and I kind of wanted to turn back, but Mom insisted we make it to the waterfall at the end... I was glad she did.

 The hike was pretty intense for our little hikers, but they did really good.

 Here is the awesome canyon we hiked into.  It was well worth it!  The kids played around in the sand and water for an hour!




 Our group that made it to the top!
 Tommy was leading the group on the way up and I was bringing up the rear.  When they stopped for a break I caught up to realize they had let Tommy go off the wrong way without stopping him so I had to chase after him with Tucker on my back.  I was SOO exhausted at this point and their was loads of people in the way on a one way trail so it took forever to get to him. I finally got to Tommy and we tried to race back to get to the rest of the group, but they didn't wait so I had one upset Tommy, and an aching back... I definitely was missing Vic at this point! Here is a cool waterfall, but Tommy wasn't about to smile for a picture. He was determined to catch up to the rest of the group (which we never did!) 
 Tucker was so warn out that he fell asleep in my pack and here is proof that I finally made it back to the road!  It was a rough trail back and we took lots of stops!
 Back at camp, after a good long rest we decorated cookies for Easter. They all turned out really cute!

No comments: