March 22, 2016

Zion Trip Day 3: Weeping Rock, start of Observation Point Trail

Day 3 was quite a bust :(  We got tired of waiting for Amber so we decided to get going up the tram.  We stopped at the visitor center and took our sweet time because we still hadn't heard from Mark or Amber. Finally we got tired of waiting there and headed to the trail head where we waited another hour or more.  Finally, after 2 hours we decided to start hiking without them although we felt terrible leaving them behind and... they were coming down off the trail.  They had passed us, I was so annoyed that we had sat around all day for them that we decided to keep hiking anyway.  That didn't last long because a crazy wind and rain storm came rolling in so we decided to turn around.


 Here are the kids huddling under this rock while we waited for the strong winds to die down.  We were all quite miserable at this point!!!
 When we got back to camp I was grumpy and tired so I let the kids go play at the playground without me.  Not long after Tucker came screaming back with his front teeth all chipped up and one knocked way backward (which has now turned gray).  Guess that taught me no matter how tired I am, I can't sit back on the job with these busy kiddos!
 Amber set up an outdoor movie for the kids while we played some games in the trailer and I went out to take this picture of them and there was cold winds and it was FREEZING, but these kids did not care.  They were determined to watch a movie so we had them move in mom's trailer while we played games in Amber's trailer!

No comments: