June 18, 2016

Snake River Run

I wanted to get in shape with the kids so I signed the whole family up to run a 5K.  Vic didn't want to pay money to run, but I made him do it anyway.  He wasn't in shape, but practiced running twice the week of the race and finished in 21 minutes!  That stinker!  I felt like I trained, but I was dehydrated and felt crazy the entire time.  I thought I was for sure going to get a terrible time, but finished with the exact same time as the last race, 34 minutes!
 Tommy did really good for his age, but was grouped in with the 5-9 year olds so he was bummed to have not finished first.  He finished 1 mile with a time of 8:56.
Whitney went running by herself and she said a nice man helped her tie her shoe when she stopped so I'm not sure how long that took, but she finished with a time of 10:42.
 Vic won 1st place in the 5K.... I was SO proud of him!! He is awesome!
 Whitney won $50 at the raffle afterwards!!! She reminds of it constantly!

No comments: