July 22, 2016

Utah Day 2, 10 Year Anniversary!

On our 10th anniversary I had always planned on going to Cancun with our family in the spring (where we had our honeymoon), but since Vic started a new job this year we didn't have any vacation time built up.  Instead, we did a trip to visit our dear friends, the Frosts... which was fitting because they were our good friends the first year of our marriage while we lived in England.  They just moved to the states last month so we were due for a trip together!  We went to seven peaks water park in Provo with them.  Whitney and Ammi became fast friends.
 The two little girls and Tucker only wanted to stay in the little kid slide area so we had one adult stay with them while the rest of us took turns all going together on the big slides.  It worked out really well!
 Janita & Alaina
 Mathew, Tommy, & Matt
 Me in the middle breaking Matt & Vic's ear drums!  It was fun, but what a rush, I screamed like crazy the first time we did this ride!
 Tommy is big enough to try a lot of new things this year.

 Vic being a show off!
One of the reasons we love the Frosts so much.... they play with our kids like they are their own.  Our kids adore them!

 At night Vic and I went to a Brazilian stake house, to a late movie, and got a hotel all to ourselves.  We follow the traditional anniversary gifts and this year was aluminum.  Vic had been so busy with work that I figured he hadn't thought anything about my gift so I bought myself a new DSLR camera and got a new piece of artwork made of aluminum for us to share.
HOWEVER, Vic had plans of his own!  The modern 10 year gift is diamonds so he bought me the diamond necklace, earrings, and bracelet that I'm wearing in the picture below.  He also wants me to pick out a new bigger wedding ring as I never loved the one he picked out 10 years ago.  He totally shocked me with those presents!!!  I felt bad thinking that he hadn't even thought about our anniversary and I felt totally loved!  This fuzzy picture is the only picture I got that night! 

[NEED PICTURE OF NEW JEWELRY HERE]

No comments: