July 1, 2017

Tommy's 7th Birthday Party

Tommy's obsession shifted from dinosaurs to dragons because of a Dragon City App on the iPad.  I wanted to decorate with cute bubbly dragons and he corrected me several times that they needed to be life like and scary.  That made me sad to realize he was fully out of the toddler/little kid stage, but I went with the flow the best I could!
 I had a hard time finding decorations that weren't too scary so I talked him into doing some "How to train your dragons" decorations.  The other kids were more excited about those decorations than Tommy.
 The cake was a home run.  It was so simple, but he thought it was awesome.

 I was going to skip this watermelon, but Tommy saw it on my Pinterest board and begged for it so I caved in and made it too.
 The snacks were so simple, but the kids are getting old enough to get the clever labels and they loved it.

I had all of the kids decorate their own shield while we waited for everyone to get there, which was a good thing because some of the kids were really late.
 We set up an obstacle course where the kids acted like dragons shooting fireballs at the viking running the course and the one with the least hits won.


 Fierce Vikings! 
 Dragon Pinata
 Tommy loved the candles shooting out the dragon's mouth

 Happy Birthday Boy with his presents

No comments: