January 4, 2013

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I was feeling so worn out on New Year's Eve that if it was up to me I would have crawled in bed at 9pm, but Vic wasn't having that so he took us all to swimming & games at a community center.  I'm glad we went because Tommy loves "a party".
It snowed while we were gone so I was worried it would melt by New Year's Day, but it's been so cold that not a bit of it has melted!  I love seeing these two all bundled up!
 On New Year's Eve I was having trouble getting Tommy to sleep because he was so excited from "the party" so I told him how we were going to build a snowman outside the next day & he said "no snowman, I get mama with a giant snowball!" and was laughing & thinking he was so funny.  I thought he would forget about it the next day, but sure enough that is about all he wanted to do was chase me around!
 Whitney was really funny because she saw that it was exciting to have a snowball so she kept asking for one & we'd tell her "go get Daddy, Tommy, etc" & she would instead go & hand them the snowball :)
 It's nice when they are this little because the tiny 4 foot hill in our backyard was exciting enough to be a sledding hill!


It took them both quite awhile to trust us to pull them around on the rope, but once they did they loved it.
 Later we went to another "party" at a friend's house & had a lot of fun.  It helped us realize we need to make a goal of having friends over at least once a month as we enjoy the company & it's fun to see Tommy get so excited about visitors.  He's quite the social bug.  Vic's main goal for the year is to start working out again & mine is to get more on top of daily tasks & schedules.  (Might be hard with a 3rd kid on the way!)

2 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

how fun you have so much snow. We've had a little, but it keeps melting. The kids do look super adorable all bundled up. Whitney's doll house is so much bigger than I was picturing it, what a fun Christmas present!

Unknown said...

The pictures of the kids are so CUTE! We've had that goal before; having friends over at least once a month. We did well for the first few months.