January 21, 2013

Stacation #2

I am not proud to post about "stacation #2" for 2 years in a row, but we saved Vic's vacation time (that is use it or lose it by February) for a Disney cruise & Florida visit, but my little (or not so little) baby bump vetoed that trip and I'm too pregnant to drive very far so we stayed home.... again.  At the beginning of the week I envisioned a week of "me time", lounging in bed without getting ready, & getting to work on scrapbooks that I desperately want done before baby #3 gets here.
Instead here is how the week ran:
Sunday: get up early for the new church time, letting Tommy practice his talk, and trying to get all that Sunday stuff in.
Monday: clean house after the weekend, workout (a new goal I've been getting better at), let Vic run to gym for 2 hours, & get ready for Vic's 5 hour long birthday date. We went to the Hobbit & a Thai place that was pretty good.  Then when I got the kids to bed I ran to the store really late for all the birthday food. (Which is just super exhausting to do when I'm pregnant.)
Tuesday: (Vic's 33rd birthday): get up early to make requested breakfast crepes & bacon, do all dishes, dirty diapers, open presents, & chase kids around while Vic took full advantage of his birthday relaxing (as he should).  Then work on requested Cafe Rio enchiladas that always seem to take forever, but worth the time, make Vic's fruit pizza, get house clean for friends over, dinner, & then have friends over for cake, ice cream, & games.  Vic forgot that when he requested all this detailed food that I just spend the entire day on my feet in the kitchen so he said to remind him next year not to do that again (now documented for proof!)
Wednesday:  I watched the neighbors kid in the morning, cleaned up party mess, & then ran off to visit teach.  Also, I brought in & washed all the Tommy's old baby clothes & got them all hung up & ready.  Really can't remember the night, but probably just maintaining two busy toddlers!
Thursday: got asked to work, watch neighbors kid, & panic that I still haven't had any "me time" so after Vic got done working out at gym I finally put 3 hours into continuing-ed credits (to keep up my license) while Vic took the kids to the library.   Hmmm... not exactly how I planned out my "me time"!  
Friday: another day of work & then took the kids swimming, even worked out, & more CE hours
Saturday: Vic went to paint for service project in the morning & go workout, & then I worked on CE's again.  Vic finally rented a  movie so we could relax on our stacation, but of course we didn't get to watch it until 10 o'clock at night so really just made us tired for the next day!
Sunday: I woke up with no voice & Whitney & I had hacking coughs so we stayed home from church sick
:(  Since all I could manage to do was lay in bed I started my 1st I-pad app & as predicted I am now fully addicted to it (a knock off of Wheel of Fortune)!

So ya..... not so relaxing & fun as I had hoped for, but at least I got work in there for some extra money, most of my CE's done, & some work outs.  

Here is Tommy & Whitney last Sunday being cute little posers.
My New Year's goal this year was to run a tight schedule to make sure the kids got their learning time, play time, errand time, workout time, nap time, etc. in.  It has been going really well & I am loving having time at night to myself plus the kids seem a lot happier on a schedule.  At 5 o'clock we cook dinner & wait for dad to get home.  The kids think it is so fun to watch for him to come down the street which is nice for me to get get cleaning & cooking done without my wonderful "helpers". 
The kids spent 1 1/2 hours making Vic's birthday cards so they were quite excited and proud to give it to him.  Tommy wrote all the letters & drew his first person so it'll be a card to keep!

Newmans & Keenes

Vic's helpers to blow out the candles!

Whitney of course had to get a picture if everyone else was. Turned out cute so I'm posting it!
Buccaneer Bay where we took kids to swim.  We hadn't been here before & it is a really good small kid place as there is no area over 2 or 3 feet in the main pool.  It was well worth the money just for the hot tub.  After a long week I was aching all over & the hot tub wasn't hot at all so I got to get in front of the jets.  I was in heaven until one of the workers came over & turned up the heat... he probably thought he was being nice, but really just made it so a pregnant lady couldn't stay in!
Tommy loves this picture so I guess it gets a place on the blog!
Cute slide picture :)
 I finally made myself stand in front of the camera for a "37 weeks" shot.  I really hate being this big & am so glad that this will be the last time!!  I am to the point where bending down or trying to get off the couch or bed takes a lot of effort so hauling 2 toddlers around really wipes me out & I am SO ready for this baby to come!  I know this next month will be a long one, but hopefully with all the stuff left on my "to do before baby #3" list it will help the time fly by a bit faster!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the cute pictures! And you look cute in your 37 week picture, It's just that you need ONE more picture, right before you leave for the hospital :) How lucky you are to be able to open your front door and let the kids watch through the glass door. Men love food and I doubt he will remember that he said you don't need to cook as much next year. It looks like it was a busy and fun week :)

Ben and Becky said...

at least you got one day to stay in bed, even if you had to be sick for it :(
we thought about you guys a lot on our trip, so it's like you were sort of there. That swimming place looks so fun! a little annoying about the hot tub helper, as it's so hard to find one you can actually get into when your pregnant. Sounds like Vic got spoiled as usual for his birthday!