January 13, 2013

Tommy's 1st talk

Tommy gave his 1st talk today.  He was really excited all week & practiced once every day & was really excited when we got to primary, but when I tried to make him sit up front with the kids giving prayer he panicked.  I was worried it wasn't going to happen, but luckily we had one Nilla wafer left in the diaper bag to bribe him with so when it was his turn he happily ran up there when it was his turn.
He thought the microphone was really cool so he of course started shouting the words into it.  The kids in primary all thought he was hilarious.  I'm guessing that made Tommy want to talk more because he did great & kept talking & pointing to his poster really good.  I would hardly know because I could barely concentrate because my mama bear instincts kicked in & didn't want anyone laughing at my baby boo.  Vic said he thought it was great, the primary kids had a good time, & Tommy had a positive experience & was proud of himself so it was a success.  
This mama just needs to learn to relax.  I was even stressed the night before because he didn't go to bed on time so I kept laying in bed worrying he wouldn't be cooperative & miss his opportunity that he had been so excited for all week.  I can't even imagine my anxiety when he goes to start school & I won't be able to be in the same building the whole time!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a darling video! Did you notice how many times he grabbed his pants? I'll bet he did great on Sunday, what a cutie!

Cindy said...

We just watched and loved it. Wesely and Will thought Whitney was adorable with her camera time. Tommy did a good job and it gave us all a good giggle and made us miss you guys even more.