April 21, 2015

Whitney's Ariel Birthday Party!

Whitney turned 4!!!  She has been counting down the days since Tucker's birthday in February & I was so glad when she chose Ariel for her party.  It was fun to get away from pink for a year :)  Last minute she decided she wanted a Frozen party because that is what all of their friends were having, but she was easily swayed back to Ariel!  We let her open her new Ariel princess dress in the morning & then her & I went shopping and to a "super fancy" bridal shower.  She loved all the activities & she got endless compliments on her princess attire.
When guests arrived we had them put on their shell crown & enter under the sea through these tablecloths.  The kids loved running back & forth through it even though we had a few accidents. 
 Those little jelly fish were kind of a last minute idea, but they ended up being one of my favorite!  I also made a bunch of balloons into fish by drawing faces & adding fins.  The kids really loved them & won't let me get rid of them!
 The kids liked the entry streamers so much that I decided to put them around the table too.
 This was my FIRST fondant cake!!! I am so proud of it.  It turned out really pretty!
I was learning as I went so it took me FIVE hours!!  At least this time I felt pretty good about the end result :) 
At the party we had the kids make a mermaid craft until they all got there for cake & ice cream.

 crowding the birthday girl
Party kids: Kenya, Jasmine, Whitney, Addalyn, Tommy, Jerrick, Ayvree, Araeya, & Tucker 
 And since it was an Ariel party, all the little mermaid friends needed to go swimming!
 Here they are right before finding the "lost treasure".  We also did a relay race & "catch the evil sea witch".  The kids had a blast & could have kept going for quite awhile longer!
 I couldn't believe how much stuff Whitney got this year!  She said her favorite present was her remote control Ariel.  I should have guessed since she is always quite jealous of the boys' remote control cars.  She was a cute birthday girl that was tickled pink & excited all day.  At night we watched a family movie & she wanted to watch it twice just so her special day wouldn't end :)

3 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

What a sweet birthday girl! Love the decorations. I've wanted to try that table cloth streamer thing, but haven't had a chance so far. Looks like it was a truly magical day!

Caleb and Lindsey said...

You should be a professional party planner! I'm so impressed by all the adorable details! Hope you and your family are doing well!

Unknown said...

I think you should be a professional party planner too. Your attention to detail makes the party so awesome. Good job!