October 12, 2015

August Happenings

Squished in between cabin visits, Boise, & work....
We didn't have time to celebrate our 9th anniversary in July & we planned a trip to Jackson Hole that fell through as well so Vic decided to surprise me when I got home from work by lighting up the backyard for a "romantic" night with the kids! It was very sweet & thoughtful. :)  He bought me that light up arch & 9 wicker baskets to hang in the trees.  We follow the traditional wedding anniversary gifts & it was wicker or pottery this year.  You can't see in the picture, but that big white bowl is what I gave him.  It is customized with "Sutherland Snacks" and I filled it full of caramel popcorn Vic likes.

 Tommy did his 1st triathlon.  He was pretty proud of the metal he got for finishing.  I was really proud of how much effort he put into it.  He went full speed the whole time.  For my records...
He did: 6:02:52 on the Swim, 6:21:20 on the bike, & 6:15 on the run, 18:28 Total
 They let the kids out in heats at the start. Tommy was in the last heat, but he pushed to the front of his pack. He did great!
 He passed a lot of kids on the bike as well. I was surprised how many kids struggles with the bike portion as I thought that would be the easiest for most kids.
 He ran with Victor for the run & I was worried Vic's pace was too fast & that Tommy might run out of steam, but he was so hyped up on adrenaline that he did great.  There was an older girl from an earlier heat ahead of him at the end & he sprinted past her at the end.  He has quite the competitive spirit!
 The next day Vic did his race & the weather was TERRIBLE! It was really cold & drizzled rain the entire time.  There was parts where it started pouring rain even.  I felt so bad for all of the runners & was glad I didn't do this one! Vic did the Olympic distance & got:
Swim 34:41, Bike 1:28:35, Run 48:32 T1 5:50, T2 2:53, Total 3:00:29



 We were out riding bikes one HOT day & I told Whitney & Tucker to go inside & get their shoes on so we could go to the park & this is how they came back out... goobers & partners in crime is what these two are!
 Tucker did his first visit to the dentist and had the nicest hygienist, he did great!
 I took the kids to weekly story times at the library & one of the dress up parties. Our library does a great job of both.
 For my Dad's birthday we had him over for a BBQ & cake. The kids LOVE Grandpa Miller!  They were quite disappointed that we didn't get to go to his house though as when they see him they want to see all of his fun extras too! (horses & tractors)
 I took the kids to the zoo lots & bought a little pack of tickets so we could do a few rides after each visit.


 One of my neighbors had a BBQ with a giant slip & slide down their backyard. The kids had a ball doing that!

 We were also very busy with the kid's soccer games & Vic's baseball games. It was really fun to see him play on a team again!

1 comment:

Ben and Becky said...

I finally caught up with all of your blogs! I've been reading then a little at a time for a few weeks now between the kids' activities, haha! Looks like a super fun summer! You guys are adorable parents, and the kids are cute as ever, and growing so much!