July 2, 2013

June Update

June was packed full of family visits & working like crazy so I'm sad we don't have more pictures!
Below is our first complete family picture!  (Only took us 4 months to get us all sitting still together!)
 Tommy gave Vic matching ties. Aren't they all so cute?! :)
 I really wanted to show my mom Indian's beach on Lake Michigan so we went up north for a few days.  Here we are together at the top of a sand dune we hiked up. 

We have had a really cool summer over here so we didn't even get in the water because it was too windy.  The kids still had fun playing with their sand toys though.


I love the view of wooded forest next to beach. 
 I drove my mom to Ben's house & the only proof I have of it is pictures I swiped off my sister-in-law's blog!

Then we hurried back to greet Vic's parents.  They are always a lot of fun to host because they are the perfect house guests!  I took my camera both on a hike & the water park, but we were too busy having fun so I forgot to ever take any pictures while they were here :(  It was fun to have them here while Tommy gave a talk in church.  Tommy got to pick his favorite scriptural story & I was surprised when he picked "Lehi's liahona". He was pretty proud of the game we came up with to teach the kids how the liahona worked and he spoke up nice and loud for everyone to hear.  This time the kids were really into his talk & game so I could relax & enjoy it a bit more than last time! Inside that ball he is holding is a big arrow pointing to different colors that coordinated with the clues & if the kids gave naughty answers then they got lost in the wilderness, but if they remembered to pray when things got tough then God showed them the way to the promised land. It was fun to bring a scripture story to life & to help Tommy see that he can pray over so many more things than just dinner & sleeping at night :)
 And that was our entire June.  It sure flew!!!

No comments: