July 22, 2013

St.Louis Botanical Gardens

While visiting my brother we decided to check out St.Louis' Botanical Garden.  It was amazing! Every square foot had to have cost a fortune. What I would give to just have one of their little sections as my own backyard retreat!  I could happily go at a nice slow pace & enjoy 3 days straight here :)
Here is the Japanese Garden area:

 The kids all really liked all of the fountains & water features.  I really liked this one as the giant ornaments made it feel like I was in some fairy whimsical land.

 I took this picture to remind me to plant lots of bright green, red, & orange hosta leaves in my future yard.
The kids all had fun in this maze since the hedges were tall enough you couldn't see over them.
We attempted to get some nice pictures by all the pretty lilies.
 I thought Becky & the girls' picture turned out really nice.
We are, of course, a circus.

Everywhere I looked it was a perfectly groomed paradise!


Tommy's favorite place was the children's garden.  Here he is pretending to be a pirate & saying "arg!"
He is obsessed with rickety bridges because of Thomas the train so he was tickled pink with this wobbly bridge.
He also was pretty proud he found some fake bats in the cave. 
I haven't done much with puppets before putting on a show with them & now every other day they have asked me to help them put on a puppet show. 
 It's funny kids are obsessed with pretend grocery shopping and when it comes to the real thing they suddenly can't stand it!
I decided: Who needs Hawaii?  I'll just come hang out in the green house here :) 


2 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

thanks again for coming out! It was a fun time. I hope your ipad made it back safely! I tried to bubble wrap it really well. Hopefully we'll see you guys again soon :)

Unknown said...

I know I attempted to post a comment way back when I read this, but anyway...What a beautiful place. I would love to go there. And the picture with the red arrows, were those added later? I didn't remember the red arrows, how fun.