February 18, 2014

Valentine Day Surprise

I am so proud of myself to have completely surprised Victor for Valentine's Day!  I told him my mom only had 1.5 hours Thursday night for us to rush to dinner & back so we got all dressed up & went out to eat.  Then when we got done eating I told him I had a quick surprise activity by Rexburg.  He didn't know until we were 10 miles past Rexburg that we were really going up to the cabin for a night all to OURSELVES!  It was so beautiful up there.  It was our best date in YEARS!  
 We were excited to sleep in the next morning & not have any little hands pulling on us, but we both were wide awake at 7am so we got up early anyway!  It snowed all day long, big huge beautiful flakes.  We went on a 2 hour walk & saw fresh moose tracks so Vic made us chase down the tracks for a ways.  The tracks finally jumped into the forest & I was relieved that we didn't find the moose, Vic however, was disappointed! Just seeing a picture of us without kids makes me feel young again! :)
 My mom & Mark were supposed to bring the kids up at noon for lunch, but they didn't realize how hard it was to get the kids dressed & loaded so they didn't make it up until 3pm!  The kids were starving & loved up these cute pink valentine pancakes we made them.
 Tucker got little hearts.  As you can tell, he was pretty excited about it.  ;)
 Both my mom & I did little presents so we had lots to open!  I got my wedding ring re-plated & it looks so shiny & new, I love it!
 Silly lip whistles... even Tucker was trying to blow. It was cute.
Victor & Tommy got their first cross country skiing experience.
 Tommy LOVED it & was quite the natural little skier.
 He would zoom ahead of us & was a really good sport about untangling his feet & getting back up when he fell down.
 Whitney tried too, but she didn't last very long.
 Later Vic decided to jump off the balcony... 

 ...and Tommy thought that looked like fun so he asked to jump off too.  Of course Vic was happy to throw him over board.
 Zoom in to see exactly what Tommy thought of this jump!
(not too happy!) He landed & said "that was hard!  Why is it hard?!"
 Tommy & Vic stayed out digging tunnels all they way up until our late dinner!
 We had pink noodle chicken cacciatore, pink jell-o, pink cupcakes w/ hearts, & mom even made a pink cheese sauce for the cauliflower!
This definitely topped last year's Valentines Day when I was 9+ months prego & getting ready to be induced the next morning!  ....it was the best Valentine's Day we've had in years thanks to Mom & Mark helping out with my surprise & the kids! :) :) :)