January 15, 2015

Tommy's Birthday Trip- A REAL Train Ride!

On Tommy's birthday morning we were at a hotel so he got to eat whatever he wanted.  He picked muffins & waffles.
 Afterward, we went swimming in the pool.  I wish we had a decent indoor pool here in Idaho Falls to go to.  It was nice to get back swimming!
 Vic insisted we eat at his favorite restaurant, Tucanos.  It was super yummy as always.
 And finally, the reason for the trip... The Polar Express ride!!!


 This moment was SOOOO exciting for Tommy to have his ticket punched by a real conductor! 
 We had lots of visitors, songs, jokes to help pass the time. Mrs. Clause brought us her own home made cookies & hot chocolate.  Tommy said this was his favorite part.
 There was so much build up to seeing Santa at the North Pole, but with such a warm December, it seemed a bit cheesy.  I'm sure it's much more magical with snow all over!


 I even googled & found a restaurant in Salt Lake that Tommy could eat inside a train for dinner!
 On our way home we stopped at Temple Square to see the lights.
I've never been there when it was this packed.  It was practically shoulder to shoulder so I feel like we didn't enjoy it as much because we were too busy crowd weaving instead of light viewing.  I still liked it to help talk to our kids about the true meaning of Christmas.  Which reminds me.  On Christmas Eve, first thing I said to Tommy was "Merry Christmas Eve!" and he replied back, "you mean Happy Birthday to Jesus, Mom." Ha, he is so sweet to remember that over presents!
 My favorite part was the big pond with floating lights.  I'd sure love to have a romantic dinner next to something like this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous birthday! I am sure he will always remember it.