February 12, 2015

My 1st Ballet Class!

I had so much fun teaching my 1st ballet class!  I took a million pictures because girls are just so adorable in a tutu so it was hard to narrow down what pictures to keep! (why it's been so long since I blogged last!) I had 7 girls & Tommy.  We practiced in a lot of spots!  Here we are upstairs using my railing as a ballet barre'.
Downstairs worked best because it was so big & open.
 Here we are at the church on parents day so they could all come & take pictures.  The girls are so little they did best when we were in a circle. After that chaos usually broke out! 
 Center floor exercises
 Freestyle dancing at the end

 RECITAL TIME!
For Tommy's solo he danced to the dance of the Russians from the Nutcracker.  He had some boxes & trampoline on stages & did lots of "cool moves"!  He told me that he wanted to make sure his song & lights made him look like "a rock star".   He is funny.  His friend & cousin that came to watch him told him he was so cool & they loved his dance so that warmed my heart :)  It was really fun for him & not girly at all (as Vic was worried about it being).
 The girls main recital song was "Do you want to build a snowman" from Frozen so Tommy was the snowman. 
 

 Each kid got to do a solo & I was so busy I never got a picture of Whitney in her solo outfit.  She did a song from the Nutcracker as well.  I thought she looked like a cute little sugar plum fairy.
 Getting hyped up before the recital!!
 Our first group song was all of the moves they learned this year.  Tommy didn't want to be a part of that because it was too girly :)  Whitney is the 3rd from the left.
 Snowman time!  I was so happy because their final performance was their best yet of any practices!
 I gave all of the girls flowers afterwards & I am glad I did because they all LOVED it!
 We also had an ice cream party for all of our proud supporters!  Whitney & Tommy had both great grandmas there, a cousin, 2 friends, & Grandma & pa Van Sickle.  I wish I would have got a picture of our big support group!  It was fun & they were adorable! :)  

No comments: