February 16, 2015

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was sweet & fun :) Here is what the kids wanted from Santa this year: Tommy- tractors, Tucker-mini tractor, Whitney-a pink barbie in a barbie car (and Santa threw in Elsa too).
 We had my mom & Mark over for Christmas breakfast.
 Look out our window!  There wasn't any snow the day before & it snowed all night to make a beautiful white Christmas!
We made lots of fun pancakes for breakfast. Here is Whitney's snowman.
 Tommy's snow man & candy cane... also notice our sparkling cider. That cute guy gave me smiles all December long! :)
 Rudolph pancake for mom!
 Tucker got Santa & immediately the other kids needed a Santa too!
 Cuties ready to open presents
 Vic talked me into giving Tucker hand me down toys this year. I felt bad, but he was quite happy with it!
 Grandma spoiled him with a million Thomas trains!
 Whitney wanted all pink & Frozen stuff!
 More Frozen from Grandma
 Tommy's haul.... all "mighty machines"
 More Thomas from Grandma (she hit up a garage sale last summer & a sad teenage boy had decided to finally part with his Thomas collection, why Tucker & Tommy got so much!)
 In previous houses we had a red & gold bathroom to match our bedroom & when we moved to this house & all of the walls were khaki green, it made my bathroom look like a drab Christmas bathroom so for Christmas I got Vic to paint our bathroom & add new decor :) It is now bright & cheery in there & I love it every time I walk in!
 I was also very happy to have somewhere to put my extra long necklaces because they don't fit in my jewelry armoire.
 After we cleaned up our breakfast & presents we headed to Grandma's house for the evening.
 She was a good sport & bought new decorations for her Christmas tree so it could be Frozen.  The kids loved it!
 Mom likes to make a New Year's ham so I talked her into doing steak skewers with green, red, & white veggies.  It was super yummy!
 Vic talked me into trying a layered jell-o & I actually really liked it because I found green apple for the green layer... so now I'm sure I'll be doing many versions of this for holidays!

1 comment:

Ben and Becky said...

Fun, happy kiddos! What a fun breakfast, and the bathroom looks fabulous! Love it