February 15, 2015

Christmas Eve

 This year I hosted Christmas Eve for the first time & I LOVED it!  It was probably one of my favorite Christmas Eves that I can remember.  The kids and I went to the mall during the day & soaked up some holiday spirit & played at the play area.  We then went & got some fun table decorations from Michael's & went home to set up for dinner.  The table turned out really cute!


We had my Dad & Lana over for dinner & they were such fun company.  
Everyone was in a great Christmas mood :)

Vic requested a Mexican Fiesta for dinner so I made Cafe Rio style salads & enchiladas w/ chips & dips.

 Kids in their Christmas cheer
 Dad & Lana surprised me with an awesome triple crock pot warmer for party serving & a few other gifts.  My favorite was a digital book dad made about his dog.  It was adorable!  Here he is reading it to the kids. It was a great idea & I hope to make something like it soon!
I made Dad this painting to replace the one that was fading out in his hallway. (I made the old one in 9th grade!)
This was my first sunset painting & it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!
 Here is the kids in their new pj's.  Thank goodness Grandpa got those rocket pj's for Tommy because he wasn't too happy with the ones that I picked out!  (I don't know why, he loves them now, but I think mainly he was upset that Tucker got Thomas. I knew that might happen before hand, but they don't make Thomas in Tommy's size!)
 After Grandma & Grandpa went home it started to snow big beautiful snowflakes.  It made it more magical to go walk around in as we looked at the lights!

No comments: