February 14, 2015

It's the hap, happiest time of the year!

Christmas time is the best!  I don't care that it is TONS of work & lack of sleep because it truly is the happiest time of the year for me!  Here is what made our December special...

This year I did the kids' 1st advent calendar.  I didn't want them to have candy every day so I saran wrapped a bunch of cheap Christmas themed toys & they got to open one each night & play with it.
 One night it was blinking Rudolph noses... or eye balls :)
 I really dislike having to do a Christmas card, but receiving them & being to stare at all the people I love all in one spot for a month is the best!
 Christmas Crafting!  I love the ones from Vic's store because I don't have to prep for them & they are still fun for the kids.  It's fun that Whitney & Tommy are growing into little crafters.  It really bothered them that I let Tucker's snow man stay incomplete & crazy looking.


Christmas lights & decorations!  We had a Christmas wonderland going on in our house! Here are a few of our new ones this year.  A outdoor countdown and a white tree.  I love the neon ornaments, but they don't show up on a green tree & our new house has the big windows on the back of the house so I broke down & got a white one for the front window.

 SNOW!  Another wonderful thing about Christmas is building snowmen!  (with hot chocolate afterward!)
 We made Christmas popcorn, Grinch fruit heads, & watched the Grinch... and lots of other Christmas kid movies! :)
Christmas Programs.  I know they are cheesy, but I LOVE it!  Here Tommy is with his buddy from preschool.
 Family Parties!  I love being able to see extended family at Christmas time!
 Christmas Goodies.  Okay, so my hips are not happy, but look at this feast!  It is just as delicious as it looks!!! I love Christmas candy!
 Presents!  Vic's sister-in-law did the 12 days of Christmas for us this year & we LOVED it!  It made me realize that I never let anyone surprise me & it was fun having gifts that I didn't pick out.  The suspense killed me!  I never want to waste money on gifts I won't use so I always pick them out, but it really was a lot of fun to be surprised too!

No comments: