April 3, 2016

April Fool's Day

On April Fool's Day I finally remembered to do something fun with the food!  I chose to make these cupcakes for all the people I work with.  I couldn't believe how real the meatballs looked!
I was carefully trying to haul them to my car before work when I walked out to this in the garage. Vic had been working on a rental house late the night before and I assumed he left the shovel by my car at 3 am.  I was SUPER annoyed.  I put down all my platters and ran inside to grab his keys so he'd have to deal with the broken window and I'd take his car.  On my way to his car I decided to take this picture to text to my mom and say "My not so April Fool's surprise" when I realized..... "Wait a second... it's a set up!" I still wasn't convinced until I hopped in my car and turned it on to see if my real window would roll up and sure enough, Vic got me good!  (And made me late to work... good thing I had yummy cupcakes to make up for it, right?!)
When I got home from work I told the kids they could have cupcakes first since it is April Fool's day.  They took me forever to make so the kids were playing in the backyard and kept running past to check on my progress. They were so excited and their eyes were so big for such giant cupcakes that I really felt bad tricking them!  I have a hilarious video of them figuring out the truth!

 After Dinner I told them they can have some spaghetti that tastes really good.  Whitney didn't even want to try it, but they were all happy they gave it a chance!

That was really fun and I'll have to remember to do it again next year!

No comments: