May 7, 2016

Mark's 60th Cowboy Party

Mark turned 60 so my mom wanted a party of things he loves.  He loves to dress up and go to cowboy shooting competitions and he loves the color red so our theme was born!
Here is birthday boy with all of his local grand kids.
 Here is my mom, his sister from Texas, Mark, his mom, and his Uncle Charlie from Texas as well.  It was so nice to have them there!
Here is the invite I made:

 Here is a poster I made to welcome guests.
 His cowboy cart he takes to shoots.
 The dessert wall
 His cake was a combined effort of my mom, me, Aunt Dawn, and a cake lady as I didn't have time for it and my mom was in a sling.
 I came up with clever treats to fit the theme!
 Mark loves ginger snaps and molasses cookies so I made those "mud pies"




 We had LOTS of yummy food!
 Pulled pork sandwiches from our local yummy Pitmaster restaurant.




 The "waterin' hole" was one of my favorite decorations.
 We had everyone eat in the "jail house" that I made bars to get into from each side.
 It filled up fast in there!
 We had the kids eat in the little jail house....
Tommy has quite the mean face when he tries!
 Sam
 Sad Whitney!
 Cute Cowgirl
 Little kid table... and adult overflow!

 After dinner I had games for the kids to play.  I'd say the panning for Gold was the biggest hit.  It took me an entire can of gold spray paint to make all the gold!
 Will was especially obsessed.  I checked the time stamp between this picture and later pictures of him and he did it off and on for an hour and 45 minutes straight!
 He talked his great Aunt Dawn into doing it for quite awhile with him too. :)
 Our cowboy shooting are for the kids.  The adults were supposed to do a shooting gallery too, but we ran out of time to set it up!

 The kids had a blast doing hay rides up and down the hill...
 ...and of course I got put to work when they got tired of pulling each other.
 Vic and Tucker played this for quite awhile... Tucker had an accident while I was getting ready for the party and I was so busy I never got him back in his pants (why he is wearing pajamas at the party!)
 We ended the night with Mark blowing out his cake and eating desserts.
 Mom insisted that a trail mix be their thank you gift so I thought I was pretty clever coming up with this sign for it!
 Here is our hard-working cowboy family!  ...and you can see the "outhouse" sign on the bathroom door, hehe! :)

No comments: