May 28, 2016

May Happenings

May was another crazy month after doing Mark's party, and working every spare second fixing up another rental house we bought.  It doesn't look like much, but I love it and would be sorely tempted to move into it if it was a little bigger.  You can exit out the top floor, basement, and main and has a crazy lay out so you feel like you could get lost in it.
For Mother's Day I was too tired to want to do much.  The kids made me cards a ton of pictures and cards.  When I expressed how much I liked them, they raced to make me more! 
Here is the best of the cards I received!
Whitney once again was super thoughtful and decided that she needed to give me a gift so she put this little package together and wrapped it up.  The items inside cracked me up!  Notice a broken bead, and 2 of the jelly beans are half eaten!! haha!
 Whitney had year end field trips and preschool graduation.  She is a smarty pants and can already sound out easy words.  I thought Tommy was ahead last year, but she is reading much more than he was as she is always trying to keep up with him and he takes time to read books with her and teach her. It is very cute. Almost all the kids had some silly thing they wanted to be when they grow up and Whitney wanted to be a dentist and a mom.
 From Day 1 of preschool, Whitney thought it was wonderful that there was another Whitney in her class and they became instant best friends.  Here they are singing their songs together.
 Here is Whitney getting her diploma.
 Whitney W. and Whitney S!
 Here is Tucker at lunch.  He continually cracks us up and makes sure he never gets over looked with our busy schedule!  He is one who will wear a hat or mask all day long and not notice it.

Here he is, bravely feeding a duck!  That duck came right up to him and took that bread!
 Making costumes and doing extra practices took up a lot of time in May as well.  Here is my cute little dancers.  We had 2 of them not do the final recital, which worked out okay as 8 is still a lot to handle!!



 I was busy recording at the recital so this is the only picture I wound up with!  Hopefully I can get more from other moms!
 I was in charge of Tommy's end of the year class party so we had a field day outside and made a book for his teacher.

Here is the cover of the book and then on the inside I had them write answers about their teacher and their year in kindergarten. 

 Tommy only got one show and tell all year and they did it the last day of school.  He thought long and hard about all the things he could show and decided his best toy was the building blocks his Grandpa Miller made him.  It was supposed to fit in his backpack so we took a picture of all of them and shoved as many as we could in his pack to build there.  He proudly explained how much work his grandpa had to put into each and every block. :)

No comments: