May 19, 2014

Easter Time!

I didn't want to skip all the kid's Easter activities after we all had a rough couple of weeks so I crammed a month worth of Easter activities & crafting into one weekend!

Vic's assistant at work made these adorable bunny treats for us. 
Tommy loved his so much that  he never ate it!
 I had found super cute treasure eggs at the store so we had a mini hunt to get the kids excited.  They thought they had to have their ears on to do a hunt :)

 I thought Tucker would've needed more coaching, but he happily filled his bucket with eggs.

 I took the kids to a couple of city hunts.  I'm not sure if I'll do it again.  I think the kids had fun, but it was too distressing for me to see all of those crazy parents swiping up all of the eggs instead of letting the kids pick them all up!  The 1st hunt had a ton of eggs so everyone made out with at least 10 eggs.
 ....and got to get a picture with the Easter bunny!
 The 2nd hunt Tucker kept crossing the line & I wish I'd just have let him go for it because once they blew the horn he didn't get a single one even though he was in the 1-2 year old circle (thanks to greedy parents again!)

That night we made felt place mats that took us a lot longer than I thought they were going to, but they turned out pretty cute!
Then we didn't even start dying eggs until 10:30pm... had to get it in before the Easter bunny came!  I thought it was funny that mainly Tommy ended up with a bunch of blue eggs & Whitney a bunch of pink eggs.  They definitely stay true to their favorite colors. 
 Close up of them all finished: lots of stickers & scribbles! :)

2 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

I love their dyed eggs! so cute. And Whitney's face with the Easter Bunny is priceless. That's how the community egg hunts were when we lived in Washington. The parents were just shoving eggs into the kids' baskets. Not so fun! Maybe next year you can organize a little neighborhood hunt. Ours here goes very well, because all the parents know each other, and there isn't such a huge group.

Unknown said...

I had always wondered what the Tautphaus Park Easter Egg Hunt was like, thanks for including me.