May 19, 2014

Tommy's 1st Obstacle Course Race

I was supposed to do my first 10K the weekend after Vic got home from the hospital, but since I didn't work out for 3 weeks I passed.  However, I didn't want Tommy to miss out so even though it was pouring rain we still went.  I was impressed with the course, but because of the rain it was crazy muddy so it became more of a mud run than an obstacle course... which was a bit hard for my Mr. Clean!
 Most kids crawled right through mud, but Tommy made sure to avoid the mud as much as possible!

 He had lots of different arrangements of mud hills or hay hills to climb over.

 This one he had to lift the tires from one cone to the next, but he wasn't quite strong enough yet!
 This was a covered hay maze they had to crawl through & Tommy probably had the fastest time through it because most of the kids crawled & he was small enough he just bent over & zoomed through. I could see all of the kids through the top of the tarp so it was funny to see how fast he was going compared to the rest.
 Here he is on the last leg.  He really rushed & panicked his way through it.  It was hard for him to continue to have older kids passing him up as he thinks he is truly the fastest kid in the whole entire world!
 I must say he had some cute fans cheering him on!
 At the finish line they handed Tommy a medal for completing & he ran around telling everyone he won a trophy because he was the fastest 4 year old alive!  He is so proud of it.  Also, he won that football in the raffle afterwards.  I have yet to time his mile, but he can run it faster than me!

2 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

aww! He's so sweet. We sure miss that guy. And I see Tucker is still the happiest baby alive! Maybe he can race against the girls when we come out. I'm sure they won't mind letting him win ;)

Unknown said...

Tommy really is a fast runner. I can't catch him when I try to. He was so proud of metal award. We'll have to have Junior Olympics at the Family Reunion.