September 12, 2014

8 years being married!

Happy Anniversary to us!  This year the traditional anniversary gift was pottery or brass.  I tried to capture both & gave Vic a ceramic fountain with brass edges painted on.  He gave me a brass door knocker that says "Sutherland, est. 2006" on it.  I thought we both did great on finding a useful gift that met the criteria :)
Vic took the day off & we took the kids to the zoo.




 Vic planned a surprise date & I had no idea what we were going to do.  He only told me not to wear a dress.  We went zip lining, it was fun! He also had planned dinner at a nice restaurant, but zip lining took way longer than he planned so we raced back to pick up the kids from the sitter, put them to bed, & had Cafe Rio on our back patio with our new fountain & candles :)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like a fun anniversary celebration. I went zip lining at Heise too on my last anniversary - except Mark didn't go with me.