September 24, 2014

Hiking with kids

We did well enough on our little hike that we decided to brave a big one!
 The way up was really fun.  We stopped & took lots of pictures along the way.
 Tommy wanted to pose on every big rock.
 Little Mermaid pose on Pride Rock!
 The gang:  Me, Tommy, Mom, Whitney, Chloe, Victor, & Tucker
 Cool log.
The way back down was not so fun.  
The kids did really good the whole way up, but then they were exhausted & refused to walk back!
Vic used the backpack for the bigger 2 & I carried Tucker in my arms, which I thought were going to fall off. 
I jogged ahead of Vic so I could let my arms take a break & make Tucker walk.  
Tucker didn't mind, but he was very slow!
 I was so glad when we got 1/2 way back to where we had ditched the stroller! 
 ... that is until Vic caught up & I carried Whitney in my arms.  As much as we liked the hike up... we'll be waiting another 3 years before we attempt another hike like that with the kids!!! 
The sight of the lake by our campsite was such a relief!!

No comments: