September 12, 2014

Cabin Visits

We went to the cabin twice in August.  Both times we planned on going to visit Yellowstone & do a day hike, but both times we got rained out!  Our first visit was kind of warm. (in the 70's I think) so we braved the cold lake.  We only swam with inner tubes this time.  The kids really liked that.  We also went on a paddle boat & found some nice stepping stones so we hauled them back & extended our path from the lake to the cabin.

We even got mom out there pulling them around!
The 2nd visit we had a flock of pelicans on the lake all weekend so that was a fun change of scenery!

It was really fun to have them flying overhead as we crossed the lake for more stepping stones.  This weekend we decided to get much bigger ones for the bottom of the stairs & Uncle Charlie got a kick out of watching us paddle our sinking boat across the lake.  The path was my idea so I dug the holes for 6 stepping stones, but Vic couldn't stand to see me work while he watched so he took over & finished it.
We went on a walk around the island & Mom decided to take a short cut through the woods & got us lost. I knew we were going the wrong direction so I turned around, but Mom was sure she was right & finally admitted defeat & had Mark come find her in the truck. 
Thank goodness for good phone reception, haha!
 I really wanted to finish reading a book in the hammock, but these two gamers talked me into playing games instead.  They are die hards!  It was fun because I kept beating them, haha! Just Kidding Mom & Vic! but really.... ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE going to the cabin with your family. I have so much fun and I love to play games. Let's plan a weekend in October.