February 9, 2016

January Happenings

I love Christmas, but it is a breath of fresh air to get our life back in January!  Vic worked a million hours all November and December trying to make his job work out.  It didn't work so he started a new job working for one of our friends.  He made a huge change and switched over into property management.  He is loving it so far and we are loving having our weekends back!

At the first of January I started another ballet class.  Look at all those cuties!  My girls this year are 10 times better behaved than last year's bunch. It is fun to see how the girls that returned from last year are so much better than the girls just starting out.
 Tommy was feeling quite left out that he didn't get to be part of dance so we signed him up for his 1st swimming lessons.  After just one lesson his skilled took off.  He is a natural swimmer!
Vic loves skiing so we went for his birthday.  
My mom brought the kids up later to try them out on the bunny hill.  I wanted to see if they were ready for lessons and lets just say we'll be waiting another year or two before we start into that!  I think Tucker did the best of all of them and had the most fun!

After skiing, Vic wanted to spend the weekend at the cabin.  Here he is with his "Twinkie" cake.  I have never heard of this cake and after 10 years of being married, he insisted that it was his favorite birthday cake as a kid so I attempted to whip it up.  I didn't think it tasted much like a twinkie.
 The boys surprised my mom with pouring their own bubbles!
 Tommy had his first crazy clothes and hair day.  He was a bit skeptical of me dressing him like this, but once he got to school he loved it and can't wait for the next one.
 I love frosty trees and I haven't taken the kids' pictures for over a year so I raced out to our backyard one morning and grabbed some pictures of them. All 3 of them are struggling with a normal smile right now!
Tucker, age 2 1/2 
 Whitney, age 4 1/2
 Tommy, age 6
 The heater cord on our roof went out and we are having major icicles grow over our sidewalk so I broke a few off and made Whitney an Elsa castle.  She is quite proud of it! 
 Vic's niece came home from a mission so we went to Twin Falls for a weekend. Trish's family came and joined us for swimming at our hotel. 

 Vic's brother Josh just built a new house in Boise so we went to visit them the next weekend and see their new house.  They have NO snow on the ground.  I usually love snow, but I was so happy to be able to get out and walk outside without freezing.  Here we are at the Boise zoo.
 The lions were roaring and pacing like crazy. We got the best show I've seen from lions at the zoo!
 This one was going nuts over this wagon. The guy with the wagon would bounce his wagon up and down and the lion would paw and follow it just like a baby kitten.


1 comment:

Ben and Becky said...

So many fun things! Can't wait to see you guys this summer. I'm glad Vic is liking his new job. That's great that he is free on the weekends. Kara loves Tommy's crazy clothes look.