February 2, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving morning we woke up to a snow storm so we ran out and got our picture taken for our Christmas card, but since we didn't get a family picture this year, I guess this counts for both!
 Whitney was quite jealous of Tommy's turkey shirt so I made her one too and a matching tutu.  It was fun to see them wearing it around all day.
 Here was the kid's end of the table: Vic, Tucker, Ivy, Whitney,Chloe,Trevor, Abby, Colter, Will, Tommy, Sam
 Adults End: Nancy, Amber, Shaun, Grandma Van Sickle, Mark, Mom, Aunt Pam, Uncle Danny, Vic
Found this picture on Vic's phone :)

 Amber was in a hurry to leave afterwards so the kids hurried outside right after their dinner was done to play in the new snow.
 The rest of us played games while the kids watched movies.  Vic had to leave to go to work after dinner and I braved hitting a few stores for black Friday/Thanksgiving sales.  I also had done a lot of online shopping that morning so I wouldn't have to cut into family time to get the good deals.  I hate having shopping on Thanksgiving... it should be outlawed!
 Idaho Falls brought back the light parade.  I always remember this from when I was a kid so I was sure to be there this year even though it was FREEZING cold!  Next year we'll be in full snow clothes and gear!  I was worried it might be too junky, but it seemed really magical to the kids so I was glad we went!
 We celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad the next day and he pulled them around on his 4-wheeler.  He might as well have kinged himself!  The kids went on and on about how awesome Grandpa Miller was for doing this!  They loved it despite the freezing air!
 Tucker had a close encounter with dad's cows.  The cows were very curious about sledding and kept chasing after the sled.  They got pretty close, it was funny to watch!

No comments: