February 28, 2016

Tucker's Mickey Mouse Birthday Party!

Tucker turned 3!  This little guy is still quite the character.  He's always looking to get people to laugh and is a determined little guy. He is our wild, crazy, always looking for the party boy.  He is a huge mess maker that never stops playing, but his smiles make up for the extra work he creates.
 We LOVE Disney so I've wanted to throw a Mickey party for 3 years now and figured this would be my last chance so we did it! A hot dog Mickey party!
 I couldn't find any Mickey paper at 4 different stores so I gave up and created my own wrapping paper.  The kids loved it and they were pretty beat up by the end of the week because the kids had so much fun playing with them.
 We didn't do a good job of showing it, but we all dress up in Mickey attire.
 Cute sign Vic cut out for me to hang balloons out front (since we don't have a mailbox).
 Sign I put on the front door
 Party wall of streamers to run through in our entrance.  The kids love this and now expect it at every birthday.
 I really wanted to keep it simple and not make Tucker's cake, but after going to 3 bakeries and not seeing what I wanted, I made the cake again!  This time I used rice crispy treats in the feet and head.  That was so much easier to work with than the cake!
 Party table!
 "Mousekatools"


 Lana made her yummy mac and cheese casserole.
 Simple, but cute cookies.  I think Tucker ate a plate of these all by himself!

 My favorite gourmet popcorn store has a yummy cinnamon and white chocolate mixture that was perfect for our party favor! I also found a little mini Mickey puzzle to throw in there. I bought those Mickey cups to give out too, but I forgot so now I have a bunch of Mickey cups!
 Birthday boy eating lunch
 I forgot to pull out our other kid table before the party so the big kids had a "picnic" on the floor... oops!
 We had a family quiz game on Mickey trivia, a relay race where each member of the family had to put on big "Mickey shorts", white Mickey gloves, and Mickey's ears, and played with balloons.

 Tucker got spoiled with Paw Patrol, Blaze, and Dinotrux (his 3 very favorite shows).  It turned out to be the perfect mixture of gifts for him! :)
We had lots of cake leftover so we had our good friends, the Durtchis over for round two of cake and ice cream and games. 
 It was a good day for Tucker.  I'm sad he is out of his baby stage.  I still snuggle him and hold him like a baby all the time.  I should probably stop, but it's hard to let go of your last baby!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holy cow, Nancy! I can't get over your party-planning talents! Everything looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

Awesome to finally catch up on your blog. I should have left a comment for every post but thought I would say that I am just glad that there are a few of us still out there that blog. I have enjoyed looking almost a year back and seeing all your awesome adventures.

Unknown said...

oh and just FYI. Our blog had a new URL. It is magicmomentfamily.blogspot.com