September 17, 2013

Atlanta, Georgia

Tommy was so ready for our vacation.  4 days before we left he kept asking "Can we leave today instead of Wednesday?"  I had to start a count down calendar for him because I got that question so many times a day!  When the day finally came I made a pile of bags by the door before I packed all the last minute stuff & that drove him crazy with excitement.  He kept begging to pack the car & the moment I gave him the green light to do so he was SUPER adorable running around the house trying to shove everything in the car as fast as he could & exclaiming "Time to go to Disney world!"  Little did he know we had a few stops on the way first! 

 We spent our 1st day exploring Atlanta, Georgia's Centennial Olympic Park in their historical downtown.  I had no idea how beautiful Tennessee & Georgia are. I really enjoyed the view during the drive.
 Cute soft playground. I've never seen a slide like this!
There was fountains that made up the Olympic rings & they did a lot of different fun water patterns & sprays.
Proof Whitney can enjoy water sometimes!
 I got SOAKED!  Good thing it was a nice hot day.  After we explored the park they had a free concert in the pavilion area so we headed down there for some dancing, but I only took video instead of pictures.
Vic has been dreaming of watching a full game of his much loved Braves in their own stadium.  He said he was in HEAVEN at Turner field &  LOVED every moment.  He said everything was perfect & we even got to watch the perfect game.  Here he is with his favorite "first view" of the field when we walk in.
 Luckily we have friends in Atlanta so they came to our hotel for a quick swim & pizza party & they watched the kids while we went to the game.  We got there early to tour the ENTIRE stadium & check out the Braves museum. 
 Actual dugout bench used back in the day
 Trophy of some sort, probably world series? Vic will be so ashamed of my lack of knowledge!
 Vic made me laugh that he still loves ice cream in a baby baseball hat so I made him pose for a picture with it... also this was right by our seats, he was in heaven being so close to the players & their dugout. 

2 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

glad you guys had a fun time. I know it's just been a few months, but it seems like forever since we've seen you guys! The girls were talking about how much they miss Tucker the other day. I thought that was funny.

Unknown said...

Victor looks like he is having so much fun! You missed getting a picture of both you and Victor at the ball game. It must of been nice having a helper pack the car. That slide in the park doesn't look like a person could really "slide" down it. This looks like a great start to a fun vacation!