September 24, 2013

Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom Day 4

On Day 3 we switched over to Hollywood Studios.  Toy Story Mania was Tommy's favorite ride because it was so easy to do so he was pretty proud of himself for hitting the targets.

 Both kids really LOVED the Disney Junior Live on Stage Show so we went more than once in the same day! Tommy was cute when Jake & the Neverland Pirates came out.
 This view of gold dab-looms falling from the ceiling was heaven for Tommy both the 1st & 2nd time.
 He lost track of the show for a bit because he had to race around and gather as much gold as he could.
 During Whitney's nap time I stayed back at the park this day with Tommy to watch the Indiana Jones Stunt Show & Tommy liked it way more than I thought he would.  They asked for some volunteers to go down there at the beginning so throughout the entire show Tommy kept telling me that he needed to go down there, especially during the action parts.  I would have thought he'd have been scared of all of the fire & fighting!  He wouldn't let it go that he needed to "go down there" so I took him down to the set after the place emptied out & the Indiana Jones stunt doubles came over for a picture so Tommy loved that extra bonus!
 Tommy said he really needed this snake & in his plea for it he said he really needed it to scare Whitney.... hmmm.... for some reason he lost that one!

 Whitney was so not shy about dancing or running up to the characters.  A few minutes later I got video of her going right up to Goofy & grabbing his hands for her own private dance.  I loved the dance parties at night.  We did one almost every night, another item on my list of a magical world as I love to dance!
Other notes from the day:  It rained a lot in the afternoon so it was a good day to be at the studios to watch lots of movies.  Tommy's favorite was the Muppet 3D movie & Whitney's was Beauty & The Beast.  We ate at Pizza Planet for lunch & the kids didn't want to leave as they really loved the arcade games there.  I thought that was funny since we can do those anywhere.  My favorite ride for the day was the Rock n' Roller Coaster. I could go on that over & over!  Vic's was the Tower of Terror, which used to be my favorite, but this time for some reason it really creeped me out. Maybe because I was by myself or maybe because my world is happy bubbly toddler world right now so I'm not used to the scary stuff?!  The rain cleared up by night time, but they still cancelled Fantasmic, which was a major bummer as that is my favorite show at Disney World, but it did give us time to play at the hotel pool & the hot tub felt great on my sore feet & Whitney finally started growing a little more confidence... she keeps going back & forth on her fear of water.
DAY 4: MAGIC KINGDOM
By day 4 we repeated a lot of rides so we didn't take very many pictures this day.  We rode the tea cups & carousal over & over.  Tucker even tried spinning the wheel in the middle of the tea cups it was cute.  I think Tucker & Whitney's favorite ride was "It's a Small World" so we went on that twice too.  Here we are at the splash park area.  Tommy really liked this & it was a great way to cool off!

 After nap time we went to the Polynesian resort & got stuck there during an afternoon rain storm, but it was so nice because I went shopping & Vic sat there & watched baseball on the Ipad while 2 activity directors came over & entertained our kids.  Here we are before the luau. Everywhere you look at the Polynesian is covered in thick lush plants & beauty.  It would be really fun to stay there when I'm a millionaire :)
 Here is my cute kids before the show started.  I was worried that older couple next to us would be annoyed by our kids because they kept looking over at them throughout the night, but at the very end they both complimented us over & over on how great our kids were during the whole dinner & show.  I thought that was very nice of them because usually people only comment when they want to be rude about our 3 crazies.
 I couldn't believe how much meat they brought out so I took a picture!  I wanted just a tad bit more of pulled pork & Vic a few more ribs & so beyond this they brought out a massive plate of each which totally went to waste.  I felt bad & couldn't believe how much food got wasted!  Tommy kept asking when the fire was coming & he wasn't disappointed when the fire throwing guy finally came out near the end.  That was his favorite part & kept asking for more.
Other notes from the day: Tommy accidentally smashed my toe head on & half my toenail got ripped off. It was super painful & bled like crazy. I couldn't walk right after that so I got blisters on weird spots on my feet.  I was a trooper though & didn't let it slow us down!

1 comment:

Ben and Becky said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm glad the kids loved everything. Whitney's Minnie ears are my favorite!