September 17, 2013

Cousin Emily's & Mangrove Tunnels

I haven't seen my cousin Emily in years so it was really fun to catch up & get to know her cute little family.  She was such a perfect host & so much fun! She was a really good sport to read a giant pile of books to the kids & she was smart in giving each of our kids a toy as now every time they play with their new toy they are reminded of Aunt Emily & ask to go back to her house!  The first night we were there we went to put the kids to bed at 9pm & fell asleep ourselves!  Playing is hard work when you have 3 kids!
She also watched Whitney & Tucker while we went on a kayak tour of the mangrove tunnels.  I've wanted to do something like this forever so I was pretty excited about it!!  Here we are in the bay area at the beginning.
The opening into the tunnels.... Tommy loved being right by me, but the tunnels are pretty skinny through most parts so he couldn't do that much.
LOVE this shot... so peaceful & pretty!
There was lots of black creepy crabs on the mangrove trees so when we got to an opening we stopped for a snack w/ lots of yummy tropical fruit.  Only downside was that the sun was on full blaze & melted us!
I thought this area was really pretty so I told Vic to turn around for a picture & instead got stuck like this, haha!
Every time I tried to get close to the black crabs for a picture they scuttled away, but here is a few peeking out.  They were everywhere & although they tried to get away from us I was still a bit freaked out by them.
Best picture of Vic since he couldn't turn around!

2 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

Wow that was some major bloggage you did. It looks so warm and fun on the beach. I'm glad you had an awesome time.

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love to do that too.