September 17, 2013

Visit to Katie's House

We drove 7 1/2 hours to Katie's house, had dinner, & then went down to her Riverwalk to stretch our legs.  The playground down there was really nice & artistic. 
 These cement lounge chairs rock & are surprisingly really comfortable!  After we got done playing down there we went pack & played Scattegories.  I think I won :)
 The next day we headed to the beach first thing in the morning & apparently people around there don't do that because we had the area to ourselves, but it was pretty packed by time we left at nap time in the afternoon.
 Beaches aren't for babies, but Tucker did pretty good!
 Katie joined us toward the end.
 Vic & I were both a little to optimistic about our beach time.  We dragged down some books, magazines, & tanning oil... none of which got used.  The kids demanded full attention playing ball, swimming, & digging in the sand!!!

 Tommy & I tried to swim all of the way out to the buoys, but the dark kelp freaked me out so we turned around!  Tommy was pretty fearless & loved the waves.  I forgot how much I like the waves too.
 Katie has a turtle pond by her apartment so Vic caught this mean little snapper.  It had claws that scratched at him & then....
 .....when Tommy went to pet it, it extended his neck way out & chomped right down on Tommy's finger & wouldn't let go.  I was a terrible parent!  Vic was holding the turtle & trying to free his finger while I dropped the camera down, screamed, & jumped backwards!!  Poor Tommy was so traumatized by it.  He screamed forever & wouldn't stop whining about the naughty turtle & how they had to go away.  It really did dig deep & his finger didn't heel good for 2 weeks!
After that I made us all dinner & we played crazy 6 (like nerts).  I used to be so good at that game, but since it is a game of speed I can't seem to muster up the energy to exert myself over a game, ha!  Sooo... Brennon won.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crazy turtle! It would scare me to if a turtle bit me. The beach looks so beautiful and Whitney looks like such a big girl now.